The college offers Bachelors Degree in Non Professional Courses such as Arts, Science, Commerce and one professional Course (Computer Application). Besides, the college offers UGC sponsored Add-on-Courses. The objective of Add-on-Courses is to develop skills that can fetch jobs, and at the same time equip students with the skills yielding self employment. These courses run parallel to the conventional courses. Students who seek admission in any of the Add-on-Courses, viz., Data Care Management, Data Processing Management and Sericulture shall be awarded Certificate/Diploma/ Advanced Diploma in 1st 2nd & 3rd year respectively along with their Bachelors Degree by the University of Kashmir.
Admission to under graduate courses in Science, Arts, Commerce and Computer Sciences offered in this college is granted in accordance with the statues of the University of Kashmir and the guidelines set by the Department of Higher Education, J&K Government. Following rules govern the admission process:-
- Admission to BG 1st Semester of BA, B.Sc., B.Com, or, BCA Programme shall be open to a candidate who has passed 10+2 class under 10+ 2 scheme from the Jammu & Kashmir Board of School Education or from any other Board/University recognized as equivalent there to by the University and fulfils the conditions of eligibility as laid down for each course under the revised regulations of the University of Kashmir.
- Admission to Semester-I of BCA Programme shall be open to those candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Part-II examination (under 10+2 pattern) of the j & K State Board of School Education or an examination recognized by the University as equivalent there to and has obtained not less than 50% of the aggregate marks in the qualifying examination in case of Open Category and 45 % marks in case of Reserved Category candidates. Admission to BCA 1st Semester will be provided on the basis of first come, first serve / merit obtained in the qualifying examination. Provided that the candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Part-II examination (under 10+2 pattern) of the J&K State Board of School Education or an examination recognized by the University as equivalent thereto without Mathematics as one of the elective courses shall have to complete the requirement of qualifying the prescribed Mathematics Bridge Course before the award of BCA degree.
- Candidate while seeking admission in the college has to submit her admission form duly filled in along with the following certificates within stipulated time.
- Provisional and Character certificate (in original) issued by the institution last attended.
- Date of Birth certificate/SSE Marks Card issued by J&K BOSE (Original & a self attested Photo copy).
- Marks certificate of Hr. Secondary Part II (Original with 02 self attested photo copies).
- Migration certificate if the candidate has passed her 12th class examination from a board other than the J&K Board (Original).
- Category certificate if any (self attested copy).